A quick catch up of other items picked up during RecordStoreDay period.
Some 7″s, including the RSD Coldplay Comic/ 7″ picture disc release:
A couple of Frightened Rabbit LPs (including the RSD Midnight Organ Fight with limited edition Art Print):
The Shellac (Of North America) – 1000 Hurts
And finally – a couple of new slipmats from The Menzingers
So, I have listened to nearly all of the bands/ artists playing this years Great Escape festival in Brighton, UK (May 16th, 17th and 18th) and thought I would share my running order (in some cases, running will be required to get from Venue to Venue). For those who are interested, those in Bold are my top picks – and I will be doing everything possible to see them.
- Birkwin Jersey, 12pm @ The Brighthelm Centre
- Soul Sister Dance Revolution, 1pm @ The Queen’s Hotel
- Honeyblood, 2.30pm @ The Dome Studio
- Blaudzun, 3pm @ Komedia
- Holy Esque, 3.30pm @ The Dome Studio
- Big Wave Riders, 5pm @ The Festival Hub
- Glitches, 7pm @ The Festival Hub
- Tom Odell, 7.30pm @ The Warren
- Of Rust & Bones, 8pm @ The Festival Hub (back up band: Dancing Years, 8.15pm @ Prince Albert)
- Kodaline, 8.45pm @ The Dome Concert Hall
- Everything Everything, 10pm @ The Dome Concert Hall
- On An On, 12am @ Coalition
- No Ceremony///, 12.45am @ Coalition
- The Other Tribe, 1.45am @ Coalition
- Fatherson, 12.30pm @ The Dome Studio
- Kodaline (again!), 2.45pm @ Audio
- Alarm Bells, 3.30pm @ The Dome Studio
- Your Favourite Enemies, 6.15pm @ Concorde2
- Arcane Roots, 7pm @ Concorde2
- The Naturals, 7.45pm @ Above Audio
- Story Books, 8.45pm @ Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar
- To Kill A King, 9.45pm @ Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar
- Swim Deep, 11.15pm @ The Corn Exchange (bub: Fatherson, 11pm @ Prince Albert)
- Klaxons, 12.15am @ The Corn Exchange (bub: The Hounds Below, 12am @ Green Door Store)
- Seasfire, 1.30am @ Coalition
- Dan Croll, 12.30pm @ Komedia
- Great Cynics, 1.30pm @ The Hope
- Husky Rescue, 2.15pm @ Komedia Studio Bar
- Eliza & The Bear, 2.30pm @ The Haunt
- Deap Valley, 3pm @ The Festival Hub
- Kins, 3.30pm @ Green Door Store
- The Beards, 4pm @ The Festival Hub
- Parlour, 6.30pm @ Audio
- Of Rust & Bone, 7.30pm @ Brighton Museum, Pavilion Gardens
- Little Green Cars, 8.30pm @ The Warren(bub: Glitches, 8.45pm @ The Fishbowl OR The Strypes, 8.30pm @ Dome Studio)
- Tall Ships, 9.15pm @ Concorde2
- CHVRCHES, 9.45pm @Digital (bub: The 1975, 10.15pm @ The Old Ship Paganini)
- Tres.B, 10.30pm @ The Warren
- The Strypes, 11.30pm @ The Warren
- Holy Esque (again!), 12.45am @ The Blind Tiger Club
Time for another RSD13 update.
Starting off with a couple of 12″s, first up being part 1 of the Deftones Live Selections From series – Adrenaline:
Next up, the Team Ghost – Terre Brûlée EP on cherry red vinyl:
Next, Built to Spill’s 2×12″ Live reissue:
Next up, Chapel Club’s super colourful 12″ picture disc sampler for the forthcoming new LP (picture is the same both sides):
Then, finally for the 12″s, is the Pulp X Soulwax single
Lastly, for this update at least, a selection of 7″s from Frank Turner (brown vinyl), Dog Is Dead, Glasvegas (white vinyl) [picture one] and The Twilight Sad, Moby/Mark Lanegan, Foals and Everything Everything (signed) [picture two]
With only 6 days left until RecordStoreDay 2013 – what better way to celebrate than to buy some vinyl from my favourite independent record store (Resident, Brighton).
First up, the two Haim 10″s in pink and cream vinyl:
Next up is the new singles from The Strokes and Everything Everything and the repress of Sigur Ros’ classic Agaetic Byrjun, repressed on black heavyweight vinyl:
Last but not least the double a-side single from unsigned Bristol band, The Naturals – released on Howling Owl Records:
1st ever wordpress blog update. Big thanks to Realization Music for the development of my WordPress pages.
New additions to the Vinyl Collection in the last few weeks have included some pretty special items, my personal favourite being my Biffy Clyro – Infinity Land Expanded Edition reissue from Beggar’s Banquet (below).
Other notable additions; the fantastic new 7″ singles from Everything Everything and Dog Is Dead and the rather quite flashy Muse “The 2nd Law” Thermo-reactive Deluxe Box Set.
If you are interested in seeing my collection in full, head over to my “My Music” tab for a link to the latest catalogue.